4/29/13

LIFE - it's too short


So much has happened this past week that I've been so busy dealing with life that I didn't have time to write in the blog. These past few days have been rough on our family. We lost a great man, a man who was a big brother to my dad, a father to my cousins, and an uncle to me. Uncle Boy, you will surely be missed. We all know he's in a much better place and knew Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. I can just imagine him enjoying time with my aunt, grandma, and grandpa all gathered around the dinner table sharing stories and laughing like they would do when they were with us. I know he would want us all to continue on with our lives and do and be the best we could do and be. Uncle Boy, this post is dedicated to you.

The saying is true that we don't know what we have until it's gone. But why is that? For many, it takes loosing something to truly appreciate what you have. I've seen in time and time again from romantic relationships, to material items, to the loss of loved ones. We should all take the time each day to reflect on what we have and imagine what it would be like if that someone or something was no longer there. How would you change your tone of voice? Or how would you change your outlook? It may be hard to grasp but tomorrow is never guaranteed. Let's take a stand to live like it's our last day. Talk, like it's our last conversation. And, bless like how you've been blessed. Once we make these little changes in ourselves, I'm sure we'll appreciate those around us a lot more and vice versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment